April Professional Advisory Committee Reports
by Professional Advisory Committee
Posted on February 11, 2016
Building Reports as Presented
Goddard Academy, Lakeside Academy, Goddard Virtual School
2015-16 Graduates: Current Enrollment
Goddard Academy: 23 90 regular students and 14 from GHS Math Apps
Lakeside Academy: 6 41
Goddard Virtual: 0 14
GoGrad Program: 10
- Mr. Hollas had the opportunity to travel to San Diego, California, to take part in a week long Education Conference lead by the US Marine Corps. He got to participate in physical training and learn about the military options for our graduating students. As a retired Army veteran, Mr. Hollas could really appreciate the opportunity to participate in such an event.
- Goddard Academy has been participating in a special lecture series provided by guest speakers from the Wichita State University Center for Combating Human Trafficking. The guest speakers have presented three different afternoons and the female students at Goddard Academy have enjoyed the experience of hearing the stories from the women presenting and discussing the positive and negative impacts of choices they make as young adults.
- Goddard Academy is about halfway through state testing all of the sophomores and juniors on the math, science, reading, and English language testing.
Amelia Earhart Elementary
- April 4th-We will be having a “Dinner and Movie Night”, sponsored by Earhart’s PTO. They are serving pizza, salad, drinks, and dessert and showing “The Good Dinosaur”. There will also be many raffle items that evening.
- April 21st-The first graders will be putting on a music program. It will be a comedy event filled tongue-twisters, bloopers, songs, and our amazingly, talented first graders.
- April 28th –We are having a Title One Family Night. Since our theme this year was Super Heroes, we will be having our Super Hero special event. The BOGO book fair will be open and there will be several different sessions following our theme, along with a photo opportunity for all students/parents.
- April 7 Kindergarten Round-up
- April 25 & 26 4th grade music concert with recorders
- April 26 NHS / Apollo pen pal end of the year celebration
Clark Davidson Elementary School
- 4-1 Family Fun Night
- 4-13 WIW AR Library (Backwards)
- 4-15 Sara McDonald Weaving Presentation: 1st Grade
- 4-22 Library Fair (3rd and 4th Grades)
Explorer Elementary School
- April 8: Explorer Glow Run Kick Off Assembly
- April 18: Second grade will visit Kingman to explore the community and places within the community.
- April 28: Explorer Glow Run taking place all day when classes go to their Music/PE time.
- A very successful Carnival was held by Oak Street PTO. We wish to thank the many sponsors, parents, businesses, patrons and our PTO for taking such an active role in making the carnival so successful.
- State Testing has started in 3rd and 4th Grade. A big thank you goes to our PTO for supplying snakes for the students during their tests.
- More than $3,000 was raised by our students for St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital. Thank you to all the students and parents that supported this worthy cause.
Challenger Intermediate School
- Brax Spirit cups are being sold by Challenger students. We are in a competition to beat Valley Center Intermediate school.
- Mrs. Fouts just finished up her William Allen White contest. Students who completed the contest requirements were treated to an after-school ice cream party.
- Our 3rd quarter awards assembly will take place this Friday on April 8th. Over 234 awards given to 5th graders and 220 awards given to 6th graders for grades and perfect attendance!
Discovery Intermediate School
- Our PTO Dodgeball night was BIG success on April 1st.
- 5th Grade Music Concert on Tuesday April 12th at 7:00 p.m.
- DIS received the prestigious Governor’s Achievement Award Celebration Assembly on April 15 @ 2:30
- Troll/Nixon team will be going to the Sedgwick County courthouse to observe on April 21st.
Eisenhower Middle School
- Spring Sports are underway at EMS. The boys Tennis Team is 2-0 after victories against Goddard and Valley Center. The first Track Meet of the year will be home on April 7th against Hutchinson, Maize and Goddard at the Challenger Track.
- The EMS PTO will be hosting their annual dance and mega-raffle on Friday, April 8th from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. Dance tickets are $5.00 in advance and at the door. All advanced tickets will be an entry into the mega-raffle drawing. The EMS PTO is also holding the mega-raffle. They have purchased over $2,000 worth of prizes for this raffle.
- The 2nd Annual Tiger Nation Booster Club Golf Tournament is Saturday, April 30th at Cherry Oaks Golf Course in Cheney Kansas. Cost is $85.00 per person or $340.00 per team. Limited to 25 teams.
Goddard Middle School
Eisenhower High School
- EHS just wrapped up their spring musical BYE BYE BIRDIE this past weekend. The musical included 75 + students in the cast, crew & pit.
- The culinary department participated in Pro-Start for the first time this year and received 7th out of 16 teams and Best Rookie Team. The management team received 5th out of 8 and that was with a freshman and sophomore.
- Eisenhower High School ecology students recycling project has won 4th place in the PepsiCo Recycle Rallys “Tell Us Your Recycling Story”. EHS will receive a check valued at $500 to place into the ecology fund to further recycling and conservation projects at the high school!
Goddard High School
Leave a Comment: