May Professional Advisory Committee Reports
by Professional Advisory Committee
Posted on February 11, 2016
Building Reports as Presented
Goddard Academy, Lakeside Academy, Goddard Virtual School
2015-16 Graduates: Current Enrollment
Goddard Academy: 35 90 regular students and 14 from GHS Math Apps
Lakeside Academy: 8 41
Goddard Virtual: 2 14
GoGrad Program: 10
- Shelby Cole is an early graduate of Goddard Academy was awarded the USD 265 Superintendent’s Scholarship of $500 dollars toward her college coursework.
- Several Goddard Academy students that have completed their spring semester courses have been given the opportunity to volunteer to help at the field days and end of the year celebrations at the elementary and intermediate schools throughout the district.
- All of our students at Goddard Academy are trained by Officer Thompkins and Mrs. Sharp to be Red Cross Certified in CPR and First Aid. Our students just completed the spring semester training and earned their Red Cross CPR certification cards.
Amelia Earhart Elementary
Clark Davidson Elementary School
- May 2nd BOGO Book Fair
- May 6th Field Day
- May 11th WIW (Library AR) Hawaiian Style
Explorer Elementary School
- May 4: Mrs. Hofmeier’s Mother’s Day Play
- May 6: Mrs. Arlt’s Reader’s Restaurant and Kindergarten Popsicle Party
- May 10: Fourth grade will go tour Discovery Intermediate School and Pre-K/Pre-School Graduation
- May 13: Third Grade Ellis Island Simulation
- May 18: First Grade Camp Out Day
- .May 9: Oak Street Field Day,
- May 13: Mini-Carnival Event for Addison 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at OAK
Challenger Intermediate School
- Challenger received a very encouraging letter from Lexia, a reading program that is currently used as part of our intervention.
- I hope you're doing well. I'm happy to send you a progress report prepared by Lexia to show your progress and data. Even though it was a struggle to get Lexia started with the challenge of your schedule you did it! You and your staff figured it out and have done a great job implementing Core5. Please share with your staff and student how proud I am of their accomplishments.
- End of the year field trips are in the works. 5th and 6th graders will be going bowling and to a movie next week. PTO is helping to pay for these events!
- Field Day will be on Friday, May 13th. Mrs. Buchanan puts forth a lot of effort getting this event ready and it is always a blast!
Discovery Intermediate School
- THURSDAY MAY 5 – ALL SCHOOLS ORCHESTRA CONCERT-@ EHS 5th-8th grade 5:30 to 6:30
- MONDAY MAY 9 – ALL SCHOOLS BAND CONCERT – 7PM @ EHS
- TUESDAY MAY 10 – GARDEN CLUB FIELD TRIP TO ARBORETUM
- THURSDAY MAY 12 – FIELD DAY & COOKOUT
Eisenhower Middle School
- The EMS PTO will be hosting their annual staff appreciation dinner on Wednesday, May 3 during our three lunch periods. The EMS PTO will be serving pulled pork, beef brisket and hot links from Delano BBQ. All EMS staff members are welcome to attend this luncheon
- The Eisenhower Choir, Band and Orchestra all traveled to Worlds of Fun on Saturday April 30th to compete. 7th/8th grade Choir placed 2nd. 7th grade orchestra took 3rd. 8th grade orchestra took 1st. 7th grade band took 3rd. 8th grade band took 2nd. Eisenhower Middle School was awarded the “Spirit Award!”
- Friday May 13th Will be Eisenhower Middle School’s final Recognition Assembly of the year. Awards will be given for Spring Sports, Honor Role, Perfect Attendance, as well as many others. 7th grade will start at 7:45 AM 8th grade assembly will begin at 8:45 AM. Yearbook signing party will also be on May 13th at 1:30 in the gym.
Goddard Middle School
Eisenhower High School
- EHS Early Childhood students volunteered at the Autism Walk in Wichita on April, 23rd.
- 18 EHS students traveled to Boston to compete in the BPA National Leadership Conference.
- We completed the first ever Neighbors United project. Student Council members not only volunteered but were integral in the planning of this inaugural project.
Goddard High School
Leave a Comment: